Digital Ocean Alternative

(TheBurningMan) #1

Hey everyone here,
Can any one suggest me the alternative of DigitalOcean. They are wasting a lot of time now by “putting account under review” and this is really bad.

I was going to install “discourse” on digital ocean for my client but After I had created the account and submit money through PayPal they put account under review. My money is also deducted from account.

I don’t have time currently to wait for there reply. This is too much.

Can anyone tell, where I can install Discourse Other than DigitalOcean.
Thanks In Advance

(Jay Pfaffman) #2

Anywhere that gives you root access and you can install Docker will work.

There are plenty of topics on this issue. Here are some I found by searching “cheap hosting”: Cheap Docker hosting?, The cheapest solution for hosting?, What are the cheapest ways to host a Discourse?.

AWS is also a popular option.

(Richard - DiscourseHosting.com) #3

We can have your clients forum up and running in 5 minutes at https://www.discoursehosting.com/ :slight_smile:

(Marianco) #4

How long does 20 GB of storage last for 1000 users who are on Discourse every day?

Depends how much they upload I would have thought!

(Richard - DiscourseHosting.com) #6

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but that depends. We have forums that have 1000 daily users that only post once a day, we also have forums that have 1000 daily users that each post three series consisting of 10 high-resolution pictures each day.

But I think the main message is that it takes quite a lot. We don’t see many forums that use that much space, and if they do, they are so successful that it doesn’t really matter ! :slight_smile:

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #7