Need a developer to get over the last couple of humps to launch our community

What would you like done?
The functionality we are looking for does not seem complex, but I’m finding myself in the weeds trying to wade through plugins and configuration. Use case is a forum for writers to post sections of their work in progress. I have an install of Discourse on a digital ocean server.

Specifically, we need the following:

1. A way to add at least two custom fields to topics that will then be displayed as part of the post when the user creates the topic.

2. A way to append a standardized poll or grading rubric to every post in specific categories. I tried the topic rating plugin, but it gets wonky after two or three ratings. I have alternately attempted to include the poll code in the topic template, but this would allow users to edit or accidentally delete that code.

3. Probably some other tweaks as I get a bunch of creative writers on the forum and they do their best to break it. :slight_smile:

So essentially, each new topic within these specific categories would look like this:

[Header with profile info and tags]
[Data from custom field 1]
[Data from custom field 2]
[Body of topic post]
[appended rubric that allows other users to ‘grade’ the story using polls, star rating, or other]

When do you need it done?
March 1, 2023

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?
Open to offers. My only reference point for the complexity of the task is the time that I have spent as a non-technical person.

1 Like

I will see if I can find it. But yesterday recsll seeing a plugin for previous/next topic that might fit your use case.

While your waiting for a site designer dev to respond.

Looks like you do not want help in getting over the past last bumps with help on what plugins & theme-components.

Good luck meeting your desired deadline.

I might be able to help. Sending a PM.

1 Like

I wipp append this list of plugins and theme components as I locate.

#pluguns

Alternative tobTopic ratings that gives post voting

Custom Wizard might be able to be used as a workaround maybe to have custom feipds at top of post? but not actual custom fields.

Discourse Reactions always a nice extension to basic likes.

This plugin is the one that adds next and previous topic. likely good for stories etc. May need an update depending on which discourse branch.

Hopefully someone can help you with all you require in the short desired deadline.

3 Likes

An Artist understand An Artist Pain, Thats why he sends you a PM :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.