No editor preview while editing after upgrading to 3.x

So the upgrade did not go entirely smoothly. I set the site to read-only, powered down, did a full machine snapshot, powered back up and then tried to upgrade. But the Click here to upgrade link did not do anything. So then I manually went to admin/upgrade and upgraded Docker which went ok, and then upgraded Discourse which failed, with among other messages:

$ bundle install --deployment --jobs 4 --without test development
[DEPRECATED] The --deployment flag is deprecated because it relies on being remembered across bundler invocations, which bundler will no longer do in future versions. Instead please use bundle config set --local deployment 'true', and stop using this flag
[DEPRECATED] The --without flag is deprecated because it relies on being remembered across bundler invocations, which bundler will no longer do in future versions. Instead please use bundle config set --local without 'test development', and stop using this flag

Fetching gem metadata from https://rubygems.org/
web-push-3.0.0 requires ruby version >= 3.0, which is incompatible with the
current version, 2.7.6
Docker Manager: FAILED TO UPGRADE
#<RuntimeError: RuntimeError>

So then I logged in and did the manual upgrade, git pull / launcher rebuild app and that seems to have worked and got me back up and running.

I turned off read-only mode, but now no editor preview shows to the right of the Reply/New Message editor - the area just remains blank white.

Any suggestions as to how to figure out why the preview is not displaying?

The only plugins I have are discourse-mark and discourse-solved.

Not sure why discourse-mark doesn’t have a tick. Perhaps I should try removing and/or reinstalling that (if that’s a good idea, a pointer to how to do that would be helpful).

Thanks.

Discourse Mark Plugin is not an official plugin so won’t have the green tick. It has also been deprecated as mark is now supported in core. :+1:

I’m not sure if removing that will sort out your issue, but it may be a good place to start.

You could also try safe mode and see if disabling themes and/or plugins helps narrow it down. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Disabling the Mark plugin and rebuilding again seems to have resolved the issue, and seems like disabling it is a good idea anyway.

Hopefully everything else works out now!

Thanks.

3 Likes

That’s fantastic :slight_smile: :tada:

I missed this before, but just in case you need it, if you want to remove it completely you would edit your app.yml in pretty much the reverse of Install Plugins in Discourse :+1:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.