Notifications - "unread only" filter

Since I, an admin, read all messages on my forum on a daily basis, I often get lost while scrolling my notifications tab (I’m subscribed to all categories!)

It would be helpful to have some filters in the Notifications tab, e.g.:

• All
  • Unread
  • Read
14 Likes

Sure filters there makes sense to me, cc @sam

2 Likes

this would be a big help for my community as well. :thumbsup:

my members often complain about finding the notifications list overwhelming.

Have not had a chance to add these, I think this is a fine change for a community PR

#pr-welcome

5 Likes

I am constantly wanting this as well. =) Discourse does an admirable job of helping me to keep up, but having all my notifications mixed together doesn’t help. =(

2 Likes

I’ve glanced through the code, opened & closed PRs: can someone confirm that this hasn’t yet been worked on? ~Josh

5 Likes

I can confirm it hasn’t yet been worked on :wink: Feel free to PR away.

Highly recommend you do some mockups before digging into the code.

4 Likes

It would be a cool feature to have :smiley:

3 Likes

I am willing to give this a shot, ill be back with some design suggestions soon.

4 Likes

Sure, can you post some mockups?

2 Likes

Yes, i am thinking of design and will show you some mokups.

Screenshot 2020-04-19 at 11.57.32 PM

IMHO i liked last one the most as it can have multiple filters. thoughts?

2 Likes

This looks cool :slight_smile:
Maybe asking too much, but while we’re at it, maybe a filter for the type of notification too? :slight_smile:
(could be in a form of a multiple checkbox drop-down that you can unclick notification types you don’t want to see and the site would remember your preference)

1 Like

like the last image we can give option for that too in that dropdown

1 Like

Thanks for the mockups @Ahmed_Gagan, how would you see this work at /my/notifications? Or are you envisioning this only in the user menu?

2 Likes

Should I do /my/notifications page in a separate PR

I’d make seperate PRs. The design for a full-page interface is likely to be different from one that works in a narrow-width dropdown.

3 Likes

So, ill focus on user menu dropdown in this PR and make another PR for full page interface. thoughts on the mockup?

I’m not one with an eye for UX design, best to wait to hear from one of our designers.

1 Like

I would start with the full notifications page PR first. Once that’s done, we can revisit the idea of adding the filters to the notification panel in the header.

We have some concerns that adding the filters to the notification panel in the header is unnecessary at this point.

7 Likes