"Onebox Assistant", crawl for those previews reliably!

Hey Richie see above discussion. This was already talked about. Why don’t you use their official affiliate links from the strip? How many do you have? I just do mine manually.

Have you contacted embed.rocks support? They are usually very helpful. However Amazon T&Cs probably prefer you to use official Affiliate links instead. Probably why they are blocked.

2 Likes

There are no affiliations or magic links Robert, it’s just random members of our club posting links to Amazon products that they’ve purchased recently or are recommending to other members of our community.

It’s literally just a link to a product, nothing special at all, eg:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autel-EVO-Pro-Rugged-Combo/dp/B087X5WGXS/

I’ll drop embed.rocks a message, thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You should strongly consider monetising those. I just replace them as they come up. Community is very supportive.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion Robert but we’re a non-profit, we have zero interest in any form of monetisation :blush:

I’ve just emailed embed.rocks - I’ll update here with their response in case others run in to the same issue :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Oh it won’t make a profit. But might just cover the bills :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Meet same problem, when i tick on “Always use the proxy crawl regardless of direct response”, onebox stop working on all site include Youtube, when remove the check, everything comback normally.

If i uninstall onebox assistant, some site just not working, don’t know why: https://vnexpress.net

If install onebox assistant and not tick on the “Always use the proxy crawl”, this site working.

1 Like

Check embed.rocks preview to see if that’s working

I’m not having any problems with YouTube and I have always use checked.

Bletch wasn’t stating a problem. He said his situation improved with the plugin, despite not signing up for embed.rocks.

2 Likes

This site alway working fine (biggest news site in my country.)

2 Likes

We’re outside my support period (first five days of month). I’ll check latest compatibility at month end and issue an update if there is a break.

1 Like

I get this when I tick always use btw, but I’ve not upgraded this site in 3 weeks or so.

1 Like

Ohhh, i have two discourse site, stay on two different hosting provider, all site can not oneboxing this site. That’s strange.

1 Like

When did you last rebuild? Any errors in logs? I can’t spend time on any changes atm but will do so if needed at month end.

FYI, failing on my other site that does not have this plugin:

2 Likes