‘Oops. The software powering this discussion…’ error after updating through UI

When I opined the forum on my phone today,it reminded me that I needed to updated and I clicked on update,then it turned into this.
What can I do to save my site.

Hi @wenqin :wave: Have you tried safe mode yet? can you login at http://yoursite.com/u/admin-login?

1 Like

Hi :wave:

Does the same also occur in Safe Mode, from the link @Lilly linked above?

You’ll need to do a command line upgrade

2 Likes

Can you explain a little more clearly?I don’t know any code knowledge.
I need to ask for help from my friends. I hope to confirm the steps as much as possible before contacting him.

No,I can’t

yea safe-mode won’t work right now. like Jay said, need admin access to the command line to upgrade. do you know where the forum is hosted?

1 Like

Someone needs to ssh to the server command line (or maybe get there from a dashboard) and

cd /var/discourse
./launcher rebuild app
2 Likes

mmexport1710896638643

ERROR: Kernel version 3.10.0-1160.102.1.el7.x86_64 not supported, please upgrade to at least 4.4.0

You probably need to move to a new vm with an up to date os, though you may be able to just upgrade the kernel.

3.11 was released a decade ago. What distribution are you running? What does

cat /etc/issue

Say?

3 Likes

The Op if running Ubuntu lts might be able to use this guide to upgrade the server. just would need to backup the vps.

my provider reviewed this blog and sait it looks good vs initially what he had laud out. As doesn’t change the ip address.