Option to stop the Discobot in a vanilla install

(Frank Meeuwsen) #1

More and more I run into Discourse installs in the wild. Which is great of course. Only to be greeted by ye olde @discobot every time and have to go through the tutorial. Yes I can skip parts. But wouldn’t it be nice to have a stop option so you can cancel the tutorial whenever you want?
Yes, new users will also be able to stop this, but is that any different then them ignoring the Discobot? At least you might get some more insights on what percentage actually stops the bot at what moment. This might give you insights on how to improve it.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

You can freely ignore the signup PM that @discobot sends you, simply don’t reply to it. You don’t have to go through the tutorial, so I’m not sure what the request here actually is?

(Alan Tan) #4

The following site settings discourse narrative bot enabled and disable discourse narrative bot welcome post are available if you’re considering to disable it.

(Frank Meeuwsen) #6

So if I just stop responding, it won’t send any reminders or stuff like that? I hate it when I see this little (1) with my avatar for an unread PM I don’t want to read. I’d rather just delete it and be done with it. I just found I can archive it. Maybe that’ll help…

(Daniela) #7

There is a Dismiss option to clear that notification