[Paid] Need a Vanilla 2 Import tool

I just exported data from Vanilla 2.1.18p2 (latest) using the Vanilla 2 format (should I use Vanilla 1?) and tried to import here as the discourse account:

discourse@ubuntu-app:/var/www/discourse$ RAILS_ENV=production ruby script/import_scripts/vanilla.rb /shared/backups/export_vanilla_2015-01-27_113009.txt.gz
/var/www/discourse/script/import_scripts/base.rb:14:in `<top (required)>': undefined method `require_dependency' for main:Object (NoMethodError)
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require'
        from script/import_scripts/vanilla.rb:1:in `<main>'

I tried all other command suggestions from this page, normally thor can’t be found, etc. this is the only command that works, but I get this error.
Before I tried to import, I created one Administrator and two Moderator accounts in Discourse, thinking that’s required. On the Vanilla site I have several Administrators and several Moderators, all with different email accounts to existing on Discourse.

Recent bug, all the importers except Ning got broken, see here for details/updates and a workaround:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/importer-for-simple-machines-2-forums/17656/58?u=riking

Hi there. I have a some problem with importer. I use vanilla2porter, then run

RAILS_ENV=production ruby script/import_scripts/vanilla.rb export_vanilla_2015-02-28_133120.txt.gz

And have an error:

loading existing groups...
loading existing users...
loading existing categories...
loading existing posts...
loading existing topics...
parsing file...
reading file...
script/import_scripts/vanilla.rb:72:in `gsub': invalid byte sequence in UTF-8 (ArgumentError)
	from script/import_scripts/vanilla.rb:72:in `read_file'
	from script/import_scripts/vanilla.rb:37:in `parse_file'
	from script/import_scripts/vanilla.rb:17:in `execute'
	from /var/www/discourse/script/import_scripts/base.rb:77:in `perform'
	from script/import_scripts/vanilla.rb:255:in `<main>'

How i can solve it?

You should pass the text (.txt) file to the importer, not the gzipped (.gz) file :wink:

Great! Now i have other error:

importing users...
script/import_scripts/vanilla.rb:82:in `import_users': undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
        from script/import_scripts/vanilla.rb:19:in `execute'
        from /var/www/discourse/script/import_scripts/base.rb:77:in `perform'
        from script/import_scripts/vanilla.rb:255:in `<main>'

Previosly i read that this problem is based on roles. But can’t find how to solve it.

Check around line 82. If your Super Moderator and Admin roles aren’t named as such (or it can’t find them), just hardcode the ID of each respective role.

Cool. Thanks. Non-english username not work :frowning: is it ok? It’s look like 1133, or some else numeric.