What would you like done?
- Delete or merge the duplicate tags in the database. According to a Data Explorer query, I have 9 of them. The context behind the issue and the rails solution to it is described in this Discourse Meta forum thread.
- Uninstall the Follow plugin.
- Permanently delete anything from the database where the post ID or reply ID is “deleted”. This and this Discourse Meta forum thread are useful starting points. The main reason for permanently deleting these items is to save space on the server, but also so I don’t have to account for them when I run various Data Explorer queries.
- Update our test server to the latest Discourse build. That would include saving the Discourse package somewhere (e.g., GitHub) where you could use the exact same package for a production server update after I had time to test.
- Update our production server to the same Discourse build as was tested on our test server.
Both servers – production and test – are on my business partner’s Vultr account. I have all the SSH and other credentials you’d need to do the work.
When do you need it done?
In the next 45 days.
What is your budget?
My budget is $150.00 USD.