Pay best answer option?

I’m interested in a “get paid to provide the best answer” option for Discourse. Is this a thing? Has it been done already? Ideally users could either offer to pay to have their question answered, or they could simply tip the best answers they receive.

In other words, paying the best answer instead of upvoting or liking comments.

Anyone?

3 Likes

While I can’t speak for the discourse team I feel like this is too niche and you are probably better off getting a plugin for this, and this would only benefit very specific communities. Discourse as far as I know has always been FOSS, but this would seem to go against that goal. Also depending on your target community this would really only be feasible for 18+ users, as well as possibly feed a toxic community where people feel forced to help/fight over which answer is best for the money instead of just contributing because they want to.

3 Likes

Possible, but there’s plenty of that already.

I would think that people might be more inclined to provide useful, well thought out responses if there’s a monetary incentive. The objective is to reward contributors for sharing decades worth of knowledge in very unique niches.

Perhaps I shouldn’t have posted this in the features category?

1 Like

I thought about this as well and I want to build something like this. I think it will be especially fun in conjunction with the ltc integration I want to build Bootstrap the Litecoin Community Crowdfunding System - #36 by spirobel - Development - Litecointalk Forum

1 Like

If not pay, at least tip.

Being able to tip multiple users would be pretty cool.

1 Like

Stripe has an API for this. I looked into it a while ago when someone else wanted to be able to tip people. I looked into it a bit, and the stripe person I chatted with was surprisingly helpful.

I think it’ll take $5000-$15000. If you have that budget, please contact me or post in #marketplace.

2 Likes