Permanent deletion: Function not available

AI-generated summary

OrkoGrayskull is having trouble with the Permanent deletion function, which is not visible after activation. Canapin confirms that the function works on their test instance. OrkoGrayskull wonders if the option collides with another setting, but JammyDodger suggests double-checking that the setting is enabled, as there should be no conflicts. After OrkoGrayskull confirms the setting is activated, JammyDodger suggests trying safe mode. However, OrkoGrayskull discovers the issue is due to using the wrong tool icon, and the function works when using the correct one at the bottom of the post.

I have activated the function to permanently delete posts. However, the function is not visible even after activation.

cd /var/discourse
./launcher enter app
rails c
SiteSetting.can_permanently_delete=true
exit
exit

I have already restarted the container, logged in and out again and am of course logged in as admin. Nevertheless, the Permanently Delete option is not there for posts that have already been deleted.

I’m using 3.1.0.beta6.

Any ideas?

I just enabled it on my test instance, and it works even for posts that were soft-deleted prior to the hidden setting activation :thinking:

Does the option possibly collide with a setting or is it possibly influenced by another setting? Unfortunately, I still don’t see the function.

Possibly double-check the setting has been enabled? There shouldn’t be any conflict with anything else.

It also shouldn’t need a restart, you can toggle site settings without one.

I just checked. It’s activated.

Hmmm. That is most perplexing. :thinking: How about safe mode, just in case?

Sorry. There are two tool icons. I have always used the one at the top right and not the one at the bottom of the post. It works.