Plugin for signatures?

Man I have spent way too much time looking for a nude at the spider man image :laughing:

In all honesty, the fake sign with the lady are real ones from the hello foros page.

3 Likes

lol, I did too. I kept going back and looking at the spiderman image going
 I really don’t see it (and should I be doing this at work
)

5 Likes

Heh. I mean it’s not the end of the world. I was just at work when I saw the above image. Plus, y’know, the whole “not trying to be abrasive to women” thing.

I’m not crying or flagging anything, it just seems like an easy thing to get right- there are plenty of animated kitten gifs on the internet. Couldn’t we just use one of those instead?

Since that is a real example from @charleswalter’s live Discourse perhaps he can pick another real example?

1 Like

Careful what you wish for :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey @sam,

After a user opt-in to ser the sigs, they nerd to refresh the browser so this get updated:
https://github.com/xfalcox/discourse-signatures/blob/master/assets/javascripts/discourse/initializers/extend-for-signatures.js.es6#L9

Any tips so that the refresh isn’t needed?

1 Like

Major Kudos to @Falco! We have activated the signature plugin and will be letting our users know tonight.

In case anyone here wants to try it, we have a “practice category” where you can feel free to try it out (and perhaps brush up on your spanish in the process)

To activate, you’ll need to activate the “See user signatures below posts” option and then specify the signature URL. And you’ll need to refresh the browser before you start seeing signatures.

First version, and hopefully we’ll start seeing how our users respond. They have been asking for this since the day we launched!

4 Likes

Anyone know what the process is for getting translations implemented for plugins?

1 Like

I like to help translating :discourse: plugins, usually by making a pull request to the github repositories where the plugins are located.

But for this plugin i only see one string for the admin-side:

Are there some strings not ready yet for localization perhaps?

2 Likes

Yeah,

I do have to use i18n method on the field description.

I’m planning to do this on next version, together with the move to d-editor to create signs.

2 Likes

Sounds good.

@falco, can I suggest making using the editor an option in the plugin settings? I actually like the simplicity of just having a single image url right now. Of course, we’ll see what our users say over time, but it keeps it rather clean and consistent with just a single image option.

I do wonder if there is any other place on the Preferences page where the setting could be listed, vs having it under Other.

1 Like

Now that you say, this is true. :thumbsup:

This has already been moved before by the @team :smile:

Maybe we can get a better place?

Or get multiple outlets so you can choose the best place that fits.

1 Like

I installed the plugin and it works well

You should add the possibility to enter text and some extra line for signatures in case you want to insert more information

^^

1 Like

This is planned :thumbsup:

However we want to keep the simple version as default, and have the option to use a full blown d-editor (like the bio).

4 Likes

Great!
We await an update of the plugin!
Great job so far =D @Falco

Continued here: