Port 443 Blocked on Discourse Digital Ocean With One Click

how to fix it ? im using digitalocean one click app

1 Like

It’s probably because of Cloudflare incompatibility with the installer. Maybe try disable Cloudflare proxying (orange cloud) for your A records temporarily while installing or just manually edit the app.yml and rebuild (that’s what I do).

2 Likes

how to edit app.yml ?

check it its ok now ?

1 Like
cd /var/discourse
nano containers/app.yml

Don’t forget to add this in the templates section at the top of your app.yml:
- "templates/cloudflare.template.yml"

Add the necessary info, like hostname and smtp credentials.

Save and exit, then run:

./launcher rebuild app

1 Like

Yeah that looks good, if you try the installer now with that disabled hopefully it will work. If it succeeds, you will still want to add the cloudflare template to the app.yml and rebuild.

1 Like

how to add hostname and smtp in it

1 Like

You have to scroll further down the file to see those fields. Did the installer fail even with Cloudflare proxying disabled?

1 Like

here can i use gmail ? b
coz other mail server was paid any free mail server /

1 Like

I recommend AWS SES, it’s the most cost effective top tier service I know of. It’s not free though, but it’s cheap and usage based with no minimums.

Not sure for using a free Gmail, I haven’t tried. You might want to search around the forums for that.

1 Like

aws ses starting price free for 12 months

I think that is only for if you are hosting Discourse with them on an EC2 instance unless I’m mistaken.

2 Likes

okay i’ll try sendgrid

1 Like

Mail gun is a great SMTP provider, you just need to verify with a credit/ debit card, but it won’t charge you anything.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.