Post Views Counter

I created this theme about a year ago for client and I thought I’d like to share this to the community. This theme will show the views (reads) count for posts, that’s it!

Screenshot:

Repo:

I hope someone found this useful :smiley:

Note: only tested on tests-passed branch

19 Likes

Hi! The administrators of the site where I am registered have installed you theme component, but the counter always stays at 0

Is there any way to fix it? :thinking:

The site is:

2 Likes

Sorry for the issue. Let me know if this fixes it:
https://github.com/muhlisbc/discourse-post-views-counter-theme/commit/84c5631dfa9197e3f7a218d22e440ac9f6e9cb9e

3 Likes

It worked perfect! Thank you!

2 Likes

Can you provide the option to hide the number of views in the replies?

I think is broken since last discourse upgrade

1 Like

If anybody is still using this component and encounter problems after upgrading Discourse to 2.9.0.beta3, have a try with my fix: GitHub - freemdict/discourse-post-views-counter-theme. :slight_smile: Remember to disable or remove the previous version of component.

I basically changed only one line of code: Fix bug brought by Discourse 2.9.0.beta3 · freemdict/discourse-post-views-counter-theme@3f337c0 · GitHub.

4 Likes

Thanks so much your version worked @mdict_free (oct 2022)

1 Like

Awesome component! It is very useful. However just noticed recently it has stopped displaying on my 2 servers. I have one running Stable snd thr other is test passed.(Jan 2023)

Are you having an issue with this recently not working?

I have, it doesn’t show anything and I can’t find any errors. It worked at some point, but I can’t pinpoint when and when the situation changed — mostly because there was a bit layout problems earlier but mostly because I didn’t feel I would get any useful pros.

Now I gave a new try, and it just doesn’t work. And not work means tablets and phones so it can work on real desktops; but everything must work on mobiles because those are the most dominent group of devices in use nowadays. If something doesn’t work on mobiles it is for minority and all it gives for community and admin is just another part that can break places.

And I’ve changed time format to long date because Discourse’s way is really… american and difficult to understand, at this part of Europe anyway. But that’s why we have tools to customize everything. There is still open question if that gives hard times to the plugin.

But for me this is a broken plugin.

1 Like

Maybe one of the team members can take a look as maybe a core change requires this to have in part a rework?

Would really hate to loose this as it is quite handy.

Try his revised itbis working.

I think this component is abandonded and isn’t working anymore. It should tag as broken one.

2 Likes

The post above yours is a working fork. Maybe @mdict_free might be willing to take over as a maintainer.

1 Like