Published/Scheduled Posts 'Watching First Post' notifications not being triggered

I updated to beta8 on August 1 and that’s when notifications of type 17 (watching_first_post) stopped being triggered.

The latest watching_first_post notification I have on my site has timestamp 2023-07-31T08:00+02:00. Private message notifications (6) or new posts (9) don’t seem to be affected.

You can verify it with this SQL query:

select n.*
from notifications n
where n.notification_type = 17
order by created_at desc
limit 10

I’ve also gotten reports from users that they’ve stopped receiving notifications of watched categories in the past 3 days:

Just as a reference point, but I still get them here on Meta:

1 Like

It might just me then. Any ideas on what I could try? I checked /logs but didn’t see anything. :thinking:

i can’t reproduce this. maybe try safe mode? :thinking:

@JammyDodger @Lilly
Ok, I did a few more tests and realized this only happens when the topic is published (ie: re-categorized) using a timer.

2 Likes

There was a similar mishap on here recently with something like that… No longer get notification for new post on meta?

Have you got disable category edit notifications or disable tag edit notifications enabled in your settings?

3 Likes

Yes, that’s it. Is there no way to get both features: no notifications on manual category changes and notifications on scheduled category changes?

1 Like

I’m glad we got to the bottom of it at least. :slight_smile:

I’m afraid there isn’t a way to separate the two at the moment, though (as demonstrated by the linked topic above :slight_smile:) I think I would find it useful. My main use for disabling the category and/or tag edit notifications is when I do some tidying up of older topics, so I think my :chefs_kiss: option would be for me to enter some kind of ninja mode when I’m moving those around so others can still use the forum as intended. Though I am not entirely sure on the practicalities of that. :slight_smile:

I think it would make a good feature request though. :+1:

1 Like

Done. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.