Reply doesn't show the replied to @username/post link

Reply on mobile doesn’t show the replied to @username/post link in the top right - it acts just as if you replied to the original post… I didn’t really notice, but my users who are on mobile did…

1 Like

My users just told me that this happens on the desktop as well - come to think of it, I might have noticed that as well…

And does it only happen when you reply to the very last post? - if so, it feels like it’s by design?

Does this thread help answer your question?

https://meta.discourse.org/t/ambiguous-lack-of-in-reply-to-label-on-immediate-replies/1528/12

Well, it doesn’t answer the question, it just shows that other people are just as confused. If you reply to the OP, it should show nothing, but replying to a reply should indicate which one you are replying to, regardless if it’s the last one. Not indicating that it’s a reply to a reply (and not the OP) is unnecessarily confusing - and no, you can’t necessarily infer which is which by context.

2 Likes

Single replies immediately above or below suppress this to keep the UI from being noisy. To turn off the suppression, search for the word “suppress” in site settings.

3 Likes

Thanks @codinghorror! :smiley: This topic can be closed!