In reply to link missing

I have a new hosted forum which I and several other users are testing prior to going live.

We noticed today that the ‘in reply to’ link is missing from the top of a reply posted to a topic. The topic contains 9 posts and the reply in question was posted using the grey reply button in the original post.The reply appears as 7/9 in the list.

Can anyone suggest why this link is missing and not appearing as described in the ‘Taking part in Conversations’ section in this document

Thanks.

1 Like

There are some configurations that may be affecting this:

• suppress reply directly above
    Don’t show the expandable in-reply-to on a post when there is only a single reply directly above this post.

• suppress reply when quoting
    Don’t show the expandable in-reply-to on a post when post quotes reply.

They are all enabled by default to not clutter the UI.

Does the reply you’re experiencing this issue fall into one of those two situations?

1 Like

No, the reply is the 7th item in a list of 9 items. The reply was made from the first item.

I did try disabling these settings but it made no difference.

1 Like

Hm, I think it’s automatically suppressed in this case?

All messages without an in-reply-to link aren’t assumed to be replying to the OP, from a UI standpoint?

(I’m replying to the OP now for testing)

4 Likes

That’s exactly it. Have just tried replying to the 3rd message in the list and that contains a link as expected.

I can see the logic now. So much to learn … Thanks.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.