Report of users and their status towards Trust Level 3 requirements

Now that my site has been running for about a year, I’d like to evaluate the requirements for trust level 3 which so far only 3 people have managed to attain. My gut instinct tells me that the main issue is the 50% in last 100 days requirement, which is tricky for many core members who are in internet remote parts of the world. So I am inclined to lower this to say 25% in last 100 days.

However I don’t want to be willy nilly about this and am curious to see how my entire community is doing towards all of their TL3 requirements. Maybe there are other aspects we can work on or requirements we can consider lowering. I don’t see an easy way to get this data for everyone. The user export CSV does not include the 50% in last 100 days, though I think most if not all of the other fields are there.

Has anyone created a sql explorer query to view TL3 requirements for all users? Can you share? Is there appetite for adding all of the TL3 requirement fields to the user export?

2 Likes

This sounds like an extension of this feature proposal:

I was also interested in this. Is it possible to see how users are doing towards requirements?

1 Like

Maybe @tobiaseigen can update us on the current status for him?

We did make one change here recently, that 25% read requirement has absolute caps which helps busy sites a lot – nobody can really read 25% of an enormously busy site.

1 Like

Any updates @tobiaseigen?

If I recall correctly, I think around the time I started this topic I decided with my team to downplay trust levels. I never figured out an easy way to see (and show) progress people were making towards trust level 3, and it became an issue among moderators who were frustrated that it was so hard to get there. They would monitor their own progress and those of fellow moderators, and got quite competitive. Meanwhile the whole thing was pointless for them anyway because they were already moderators!

At the same time, I turned off trust level badges because they take took up so much space on user cards, because all of them are shown and crowd out were shown and crowded out more interesting ones.

edit: just remembered that @LeoMcA fixed this issue of multiple trust level badges being shown on user cards, so that reason went away. I still don’t really emphasize trust levels on my site.

3 Likes

Further reading: Find the users which are more likely to become TL3