Retort - a reaction-style plugin for Discourse

(Adrianbblk) #228

Hi ,

Amazing plugin, thanks for that. Just one design suggestion, I think would be better if the reaction given would be displayed with no background. :smiley:

Thanks again and good luck.

a few styling issues. this is with the default theme.

(Mattias Petter Johansson) #230

Oh, this is great! I really would like this to be a part of the plugins included in the business plan of discourse hosting.

(Blu McCormick) #231

Awesome plugin! Thanks for suggesting this plugin, @mcwumbly, and for getting me thinking about this, @mofosyne.

What do I look at to get a list of the emoticons that I will be able to select from to use in this plugin? I am thinking it is probably a standardized set or is it the set we have available through discourse? I want to have emoticons that rate/react to the quality of discourse (how civil you are) when talking to others as discussed here:

Solved, thanks to @paulkreuzer:

(Blu McCormick) #232

Can I limit what emojis are used as retorts through the plugin? Or do I go directly into the discourse settings and limit emojis across the board that are to be used as retorts as well as in the texts of posts, etc.?

Perhaps a better way of putting this is . . .

My dream scenario is to limit the retorts to a category of emojis I created for a particular type of retort (encouraging constructive discourse), but to leave the emojis that people can use in their posts open to all categories? Is that possible, and how?

Thanks in advance.

(cpradio) #233

Go to Admin > Settings and search for retort, I think it is built in and does not require altering the emoji’s that Discourse uses.

Seems I am correct

There has got to be a way to have a scoring based on the civility of a post, rather than just popularity
(Blu McCormick) #234

Thanks, @cpradio.

I did but didn’t find anything related to retort:

I am with and they might not have that plugin installed. Is that right @michaeld?

Hm, from that code, it seems like you can just list the emojis that are allowed for retorts without affecting what is used by members elsewhere.

(cpradio) #235

Click on Plugins, you should be able to see if it is installed.

(Blu McCormick) #236

Yeah, Iooked and it wasn’t listed in plugins and have an order for it to be added into

(Blu McCormick) #237

I have the same problem as you did months ago. I just added emojis, today, March 13, 2018. Did you ever figure out a fix for this in your troubleshooting?

If I turn the retort limited emoji set off I get this cut off window which you cannot scroll down:

If I can just get my tailored list of emojis to work, I’m happy. Looks like it should work fine if go by this rule (Thanks, @gdpelican.):

Except I have 25 emojis but they aren’t forming 5X5 rows. Any ideas as to why this might be?

I can get 20 icons to work though, but then, the last emoji doesn’t appear and only a clip is displayed instead of an image If I do 20 emojis:

Should I be using this forked version, @schungx if I want to have neat rows, not be limited to a particular number of emojis, and fix the defect in the last (bottom-right) emoji that is invisible?

What format should the emojis be in to be accepted by the Retort Plugin?
(Blu McCormick) #238

Has anyone tried this forked version of the plugin that Stephen kindly made?

I am having the identical issues that Stephen did, and am thinking of asking discoursehosting if they’d mind installing this version instead of the original. I have a message into Stephen as well. I guess what I want to know is if it works nicely.

(Blu McCormick) #239

Thanks, @lll (Joe) for helping me figure this out. I am posting here in case anyone else has problems.

1. I logged out and in and that updated the emojis and cleared the cache.
  2. I exlusively used EmojiOne and (for whatever reason) that gave me the pngs in the correct format getting rid of the off-white backdrop.
  3. I plugged in Joe’s code and that set up my rows beautifully and I was able to input as many emojis as I wanted.

Here is the code:

Here is my beautiful chart of emojis:

Thank you, @schungx for helping me eliminate other possible explanations.