RSS feed for category latest

I would be interested in using a category RSS feed which is ordered by the latest post per topic. It would still have one RSS item per topic, but the date/author/description of that item would relate to the latest post.

Here is what I’ve observed on my own forum:

• The /latest page is ordered by the date of the latest post per topic, whereas the /latest.rss RSS feed is ordered by the first post per topic.

• Similarly, the c/category-name/category-id page is ordered by the date of the latest post per topic in that category, whereas the /c/category-name/category-id.rss RSS feed is ordered by the first post per topic in that category.

• (The RSS feeds also return the author and content of the first post per topic.)

I’m putting this in the meta “bug” category, though I accept that there may be a good reason for it being implemented this way (and it may be that my observations are wrong).

1 Like

The move from “bug” to “feature” (request) makes me think it must be deliberate :slight_smile:

The feature I’d like is for the RSS URL to work the same way as the forum page URL that it is based on.

4 Likes

To put it in context, it would be in the same order as Embedding a list of Discourse Topics in another site with order="replies".