Sam's Simple Theme

The category badges should be fixed now, too.

2 Likes

The color of unread topics is a bit hard to read:

Default theme:

This theme:

Probably need to un-hardcode this:
https://github.com/discourse/discourse-simple-theme/blob/ce745784e99f57d19cdff7411f102260f3add303/desktop/desktop.scss#L10

1 Like

hm, looks like something is broken after recent update.

Now openning a topic from the list results in loading completely new page instead of just loading the topic with loading indicator etc. So it is a bit confusing because for a second it is unclear whether the click worked, and the editor window is lost, so it is difficult to add quotes from other topics etc.

1 Like

There was a bug related to this introduced a few days ago, but has since been fixed.

Can you please check if your site is on the latest?

/admin/upgrade

2 Likes

oh, cool :slight_smile:

Yeah, it is not latest
2.7.0.beta8 ( f002c58a30 )

2 Likes

The fix for the bug I mentioned was added a couple of days after your most recent upgrade. Can you please try upgrading again and let me know if the issue persists?

1 Like

Yeah, seems to work fine after upgrade.

I wonder though why this issue was occurring only in this theme, others had this auto-route thing too but somehow were working fine. :thinking:

1 Like

Submitted a PR fixing this

1 Like

Theme is significantly different in topic views since update… Please help!!!

can you be more specific about what has changed? do you have a screenshot?

Yes, here is what it looked like before the update:

Now it looks like this:

1 Like

hmm that’s strange… the theme works fine here on Meta…

I don’t see any console errors on your site… did you edit the theme at all? if you install another copy of it does it have the same issue?

1 Like

A quick look shows that REFACTOR: Update structure, fix for ember-cli (#5) · discourse/discourse-simple-theme@0482a6c · GitHub may have changed the way that page is formatted on Aug 10th.

1 Like

That refactored the theme structure, and fixed an issue with our ember-cli updates, but shouldn’t have changed anything about the layout (it’s also working as expected on our theme creator site: Discourse Theme Creator).

1 Like

I found the problem, looks like those changes conflicted with a component that was in place which resulted int he changes to the displayed format.

Thank you

3 Likes

I’m running into a similar issue with most recent update - updated everything at once so not sure if it was theme, another component, or discourse itself:
Discourse 2.8.0.beta8
10a57825c8

Theme updated November 21 (can’t find version number) ‘up to date’.

Now, read, and unread all show as ‘unread’ secondary blue on desktop, but work correctly on mobile:
Desktop:

Mobile:

Same on various iterations of light, medium, dark schemes that we’ve made…the ‘categories+latest’ main page 2 column layout seems correct with brighter bold unread, and muted unbold read topics; but the ‘latest’ listing is all bold tertiary all the time.

Using preview on other themes (default, and others) seems to show the correct behaviour.

1 Like

Did you solve this issue?

The same for me, everything is shown like unread, other themes work fine.

1 Like

Looking into DevTools, seems like this rule from app/assets/stylesheets/common/base/_topic-list.scss somehow disappears when using this theme

1 Like

ah, looks like topic-list-data is missing here.

Submitted PR.

2 Likes

I had not - thank you very much for looking into this :slight_smile:

1 Like