Schedule Weekly Digest

Is there a way to schedule the weekly digest?

I was under the impression that the way Discourse’s digests worked was that on an individual user basis, the last visit time was recorded, and the digest would send X number of days after that point (i.e. 7 days in the case of the weekly digest). However, I’m not sure if that is still the case as, when I look at my sent emails, I’m seeing my weekly digests being sent all at once.

Unfortunately, those weekly digests are being sent at an off-hour and I think I could drive better user engagement if I were instead able to schedule the weekly digest. Is this possible?

Research I’ve Done:

-This makes me think the weekly digest shouldn’t be behaving this way.

-Post never received a response.

Thanks in advance,
TorqueWrench

1 Like

That is still the case.

Every 30 minutes we calculate users that are away for 7 days and send a digest.

What did change were some performance optimizations for sites that go days without new posts at

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/c0293339b87c39bbd2b91f87e2d39179f40c9a9a

This can change the digest frequency, but will affect mostly communities in extremes, of either low new post or lots of users who doesn’t visit the site.

3 Likes

That explains it, thanks!

That’s my boat, as I use Discourse mainly as my comment provider.

There seems to be some interest in being able to schedule weekly digests (I can compile a list of other forum posts if you’d like), would this be something Discourse would be interested in? (Not committing you to development.) I think it would help alleviate a lot of the demand for the functionality requested here:

1 Like

That is not in our roadmap, so your best bet is to commission a custom plugin for you at the #marketplace.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.