This #howto describes how to set up the Google Chat provider included in
If you haven’t already, install the discourse-chat-integration plugin
Setup Google Chat
- Navigate to the room where you want to add the webhook and click the room name at the top.
- Choose Manage Webhooks from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name like “My Discourse Community”, and optionally enter an avatar URL for the bot
- Click Save
- Copy the Webhook URL provided
- In your site settings, enable the
chat integration google enabled setting
- Go to the Plugins tab, then Chat Integrations
- Go to the Google tab. If it doesn’t appear, try refreshing the page
- Click Add Channel
- Enter a name for the channel. This is only shown in the Discourse user interface
- Paste the Webhook URL that you copied earlier, then click Save Channel
- Use the Test button on the channel you just created to check that everything’s working. You should see something like this in Google Chat:
- Setup some Rules for your channel, according to the discourse-chat-integration instructions.