Some topics are missing when using in:bookmarks in:title

I’ve been poking the bookmarks feature and bumped into something that seems a bit off. It’s better explained with an example:

I have bookmarked this topic: Is there a Trust Level Permissions Table?

When I do a search for “Is there a Trust Level Permissions Table in:title”, it finds it.

When I do a search for “Is there a Trust Level Permissions Table in:bookmarks”, it finds it.

When I do a search for “Is there a Trust Level Permissions Table in:title in:bookmarks”, it does NOT find it.

Now the twist: the combination of in:title in:bookmarks works for all other bookmarks I tried with, but doesn’t seem to work with (at least) this particular one.

A bug or am I missing something?

4 Likes

Hi Paulo!

Thanks for the report. I can repro it, but there’s a twist.

I bookmark the topic itself using the topic actions:

The search with in:bookmarks returns nothing:

The search with in:bookmarks in:title returns nothing as well:

Now, I remove the current bookmark, and bookmark a post from this topic instead:

The search with in:bookmarks returns the topic:

The search with in:bookmarks in:title returns nothing:

2 Likes

So, if I get this right, it seems there’s a couple of different bugs here.

In my example, it was also a bookmarked post and it seems you got the same result when you bookmarked a post: not finding it with in:bookmarks in:title (but fine with each filter individually). Let’s call this bug1.

But it seems you found a different bug: a bookmarked topic not showing with just in:bookmarks — I think that looks even more odd? I suppose one could try to make a case (not one that I would agree with) that a bookmarked post maybe shouldn’t return for a search with the topic title and in:bookmarks since the title is not on the bookmarked post itself (but on the topic). But not returning a match for the title of a bookmarked topic and in:bookmarks seems something is amiss too, specially as it works for bookmarked posts.

While I’m here, if someone looks takes a look the bookmarks code for this, maybe have a glance at another bookmarks related issue I recently reported which is why I have been poking at the bookmarks feature.

1 Like