Subtract points based on certain reactions

I know it’s a long way out but just throwing it out for a consideration during development instead of having to try and do retroactively (if decided), allow the option to designate a reaction to subtract points (like a reddit thumbs down). There’s already an option to make some of them give 0 points but I would definitely support a negative value.

I understand this would be a contentious feature for some (which is why YouTube removed it visibly), but as long as there’s an option to en/unable it, you obviously don’t have to use it with your community. And since it wouldn’t actively bury posts like reddit it’s not particularly detrimental to anything and I can see some communities being amused by it (we already have a “negative” reaction that while it doesn’t do anything still gets some enjoyment). At the simplest level your community could use it to balance out those “interesting” users that farm for points by actively and visibly using this to keep it all “gamified” instead of dolling out “punishments” instead.

1 Like