Tagged and pinned topic does not appear

Hello,

Running test-passed… I have published a topic with the article tag:

Seems to be related with the cache of the logged-in user. It persistently missed the article for me, but then if I logout it should work, I guess. Unsure if this is due to a transient bug (in-between two upgrades) and whether I can ‘clear the cache’ for myself (and tell others too).

Logging out makes the message appear, but logging in again lost it again. Clearing the browser’s cache didn’t change anything. I have pinned the topic as well, without success. The topic had a like though, so its normal use doesn’t seem to be affected.

If you’ve already reached the bottom of the topic, it was automatically un-pinned for you.

1 Like

I pinned the topic to test whether it would appear in the list, but not. It just remains invisible to logged-in users unless they’re sent to the direct link. I don’t think pinning the topic has anything to do. I would suspect some caching issue rather.

It shows on Latest for me…

3 Likes

Yes for everybody it turns out well, but for some reason the cache was corrupted for a couple of people who don’t see it at all, unless linked to the post directly. Is there a way to explore local cache with Firefox? I guess that might help figure things out. (note: my Internet connection is sporadic at best these days.)

More tests:

• clearing browser cache
  • changing browsers
  • un-pinning topic
  • adding another topic to the article tag

… Result in no change: anonymous and ‘everyone else’ can see the topic listed, but I still cannot:

• not listed in /tags/article
  • not listed in any topics list.

Is there a way to display more raw data on the topic, and especially my user’s relation to it to figure out how it’s different from others?

I suspect a bug that passed through an upgrade recently, and might have disappeared since, or some hook that didn’t run properly. I cannot reproduce the bug, it’s only affecting that very topic and that very couple users who were logged-in at the time, or who are both staff.

This sounds very much like the topic is muted for you, and the couple of other users. Try going to

<your-forum>/latest?state=muted

Is the topic listed there when you’re logged in?

2 Likes

Wow, nice catch. I had not verified the tracking state since it’s current work that I certainly don’t want muted. But indeed somehow this topic was muted. Thank you very much for clearing this out @david. That doesn’t help with the reason why this happened, but again, whatever happened it seems to have been transient.

4 Likes