The liquorice badge is a very funny badge

Hello. What is this badge? (It appears to be a custom badge, manually awarded by staff.)
I think this badge is slowly making its way to more people. (22 days ago, 2 people got it)
https://meta.discourse.org/badges/128/liquorice

12 Likes

We are preparing for the impending liquorice-based economy heralded by the collapse of civilisation.

This is difficult, since we keep eating our stocks.

19 Likes

Do I get the badge for pointing out that April 12th is national liquorice day?

(in America)

8 Likes

It looks like the liquorice is making its way to more users. Soon, this custom badge might just decide to take over. :liquorice:

4 Likes

As a Dutch person, I am appalled that no one has granted me this badge yet :triumph:

4 Likes

As a finn I would say… bunch of amateurs.

2 Likes

You’re the happiest, so you must eat more liquorice than the Dutch :smiley:

5 Likes

Actually we eat. As its even blackier cousin, salty liquorice (ammonium chloride :wink: ). Should we mension coffee too :rofl:

Finnish definition of happiness

The happiest… as a wise man once said: A happy person has no worries. A glad one has, but he/she/it doesn’t care about them (happy is a bit difficult to translate, because we have two different words, plus several synonyms, for that; danish have same. Perhaps that is the reason why english speakings aren’t at top-5 :wink: )

Or

Happiness means when you don’t feel s*itty and f*cked every day.

(are we out of site feedback now?)

7 Likes

I made it my status, does that make me eligible for the badge now?

3 Likes

You can ask staff for the badge and you can become one with the liquorice.

4 Likes

why is there no chocolate badge? some of us have a different sweet tooth lol

6 Likes

Black liquorice? Hard pass

4 Likes

I have some swedish hard liquorice that is quite powerful but best in small doses, I actually prefer the Australian soft liquorice, though.

And I’ve even made my own liquorice.

Surely that should earn me the badge!

3 Likes

Has this badge vanished?

3 Likes

No, still exists.

1 Like

Odd, I don’t see it in the list of badges.

2 Likes

I don’t see it there either.

1 Like

It’s a test badge, and doesn’t appear in the public badge list. It also isn’t awarded to anyone. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:liquorice:

@MikeNolan - thanks for bringing this up … i also was wondering what happened to it two, three days ago and i was even sad that i didn t find this initial post here on meta … but now i know why: here it is written liquorice and i looked for licorice : )

2 Likes