Theme Switcher Component

Your component might be better with some improvements. I hope you continue to develop :handshake:

2 Likes

Awesome plugin! How can i force it to be in the first place (next to the search bar)?

1 Like

Good Morning @szergely
glad to hear you like it :slight_smile:

Instead of changing the code on your end I think it makes sense to have it next to the search icon per default.
So I pushed this change now. Let me know if it’s fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes now its there! Thank you for the fast support, i really like this light/dark button! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t edit my own post at the top :roll_eyes:

Hence the important notice that the preview link got updated:

I pushed a new version and the regular “Update to Latest” was broken, so I reinstalled it :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Made it wiki, you should be able to update it now :hugs:

5 Likes

When using Dark mode with Sam’s minimal theme, it looks like this:

Also is there any workaround to add an alternative logo? My current one is not readable on dark bg, hence I want to add a inverted one for the dark mode

My theme has lots of hardcoded colors and only works properly with a light color scheme. Open to fixing this but for now it does not work right in dark mode.

2 Likes

Any thoughts about making the bottom smaller? When using additional component, it takes a lot of space in the header. For example I like the dark mode button in this ghost theme at top right:

Can i use this also for the material design theme ?

Is there any way to move the plugin from the header to the drop down user panel?

No trivial way, you would need a new component.

1 Like

Unless @B-iggy can add an option to choose location? :smiley:

It’s not easy indeed.
If you mean something like this I can maybe try to merge it somehow.

I did not test it with every theme but let me know if something breaks.

What do you mean with bottom? This theme switcher component is rather horizontally align. Do you mean to reduce the width?

Replacing the logo based on toggling light or dark mode is not so easy and would require more options. I’ll note it down, maybe for the future.

2 Likes

My idea was in the panel menu (not the user panel menu):

Sorry it must have been a typo. I meant button :smiley: The link to the liebling theme was an example for alternative button

You don’t necessarily need to replace the logo. Maybe just using a fa-icon switching colors and box-shadow via CSS should do the job.

1 Like

It would be best to use this component : Hamburger Theme Selector

It’s not a switch but what you’re asking might need too much work.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your component.

I wish this component had the translation support.