Timeline Positioning Responds Slowly until Mouse Clicked, Overlap Issue

(Anna) #1

I’m not sure if this began occurring with the new update or prior, but now when I scroll down a longer topic, the post number on the timeline scroller remains the same until I click my left mouse button or wait for what seems like an extended length of time.

Additionally, when I scroll up to reach the top of the post, the timeline scroller overlaps my global notice (as seen in the screenshot below).

And here’s a GIF of the bug caught in the act (you can see it snaps back once I click)!

(Jeff Atwood) #2

What’s the repro here on meta? There’s a number of CSS customizations that could affect this, so I’d like to rule them out by having a repro here on meta.

(Anna) #3

:blush: Looks like it doesn’t happen here! I’ll crawl through my CSS and see what I’ve done to myself. Thanks, Jeff!

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Any mucking with height of the page is particularly risky and we’ve seen customers get themselves into trouble with that.

(Anna) #5

As bizarre as it sounds, turns out that after I reset my PC and finished a Windows Update, it pretty much works like normal again. I also went through and disabled all my CSS, then retested it by enabling them one-by-one and seeing if there was one that set it off, and they all seemed to not affect it.

Thanks for the assistance; we can consider this case closed for now! :slight_smile:

(Sam Saffron) #6