Topic List Previews Theme Component

Hey Robert, it seems that the error is still here :frowning: :

Note that I updated the component on the test site deployed 2 days ago, and I had the same error. I re-deployed the site a few minutes ago and reinstalled the theme component, but the advanced search still doesn’t work when the component is active, and the error is still visible.

1 Like

that’s very strange, going to update my site right now to double check and will revert

No problems on my daily pristine deployment either.

No issues on StarZen, e.g: Search results for '3.20' - StarZen

but this has sidecar installed … still investigating if this fails without …

Apologies, I missed one outlet, there were two identical ones.

Please update and retry.

3 Likes

Now it’s
Perfect Cat GIF

4 Likes

This seems to be broken again:

Only relevant items:

1 Like

Greetings!
The thumbnail command does not work on other images after the first image in the post. Is it solely my experience?

If the second image is in a subsequent post that’s a limitation of Discourse.

That’s part of the reason I provide the sidecar plugin which has a UI that does not have that limitation.

2 Likes

You are using the thumbnail modifier on a different image and it’s not working?

2 Likes

Apologies, edited and clarified my assertion.

2 Likes

Yes, I use thumbnail (as stated in the instructions) on another image, but it doesn’t work and the preview still shows the first image(

In my case, all image options are in OP

Does a link to this plugin exist, or have I potentially misunderstood something?

Then it should work as native. This Theme component does nothing to change that API.

Plugin link is in OP

1 Like

fixed the import:

reworked Featured Topics:

which I’ve significantly simplified.

Thanks Rob, I’m still seeing the issue though. No more related errors in the console…

That suggests your javascript is breaking somewhere.

it’s not failing on Starzen, which I’ve just rebuilt, so I can only assume it’s some javascript from some other component you’ve got which is interfering with it?

Do you use Layouts? I’ve also deployed the import update to that this evening.

You have no other suspicious output on console?

Have you made any other changes, introductions of new components?

I’m assuming you’ve tried fully rebuilding?

Sorry, I should have checked other components. It’s caused by a conflict with Topic List Author which I’ve removed from themes using TLP, no problem. FYI @Lilly

No worries, the work needed doing anyway, and now the console is all clean! :chefs_kiss:

Hah I was just testing this and was about to post here that the two components are not compatible at the moment because both override the topic-list-item template.

2 Likes