Topic List Previews Theme Component

Yeah, this is necessary in the case of TLP because of the extreme level of override and because masonry is not yet native to CSS. Once Masonry becomes supported natively in CSS* across all officially supported browsers I intend to:

1. have a go at reducing the level of overrides specifically avoiding overriding topic-list-item.
  2. remove the javascript grid refresh which is costly in performance.

*of course its a great possibility I might be an old man by then, incapable of typing sufficiently fast.

1 Like

Set site topic list display settings as defaults for category topic lists.

When this checkbox is enabled, I can get the default list view of a category to display thumbnails by enabling it for the latest topic list.

However if I then explicitly go to the latest view by pressing the latest list button, the thumbnails disappear.

Is this the intended behaviour?

Btw, when that checkbox isn’t enabled the behaviour is inverted.
Thumbnails don’t show on the default list view, but do show when going to latest.

I’m on the latest version of the plugin and previewing using the theme-creator.

No errors in console.

Sorry if this was reported before, I looked around for a while but couldn’t find any mention of it.

3 Likes

Oh, good catch, I wasn’t aware of that bug. I can repro. Thanks for the report. I will look at it soon.

4 Likes

Hi @merefield. I just did an update today and I get this error on top of page fyi.

it is updated to latest version and at least from my computer everything works fine. When i did the update in the back end it took a lot longer then usual.

Same here. Everything seems working nicely, but I see these:

Topic List Previews theme/component is throwing errors: TypeError: e.capitalize is not a function

and

Topic List Previews theme/component is throwing errors: TypeError: e.capitalize is not a function. (In 'e.capitalize()', 'e.capitalize' is undefined)

Have you guys updated both your sites and theme component to latest?

There have been changes to accommodate deprecations in the last 24 hours but they were tested on latest.

I did about 45 mins ago and this came up after it.

I’ll take a look in a couple of hours or so

1 Like

OK looks like this was introduced within the last 24 hours and is a breaking change from Core, as StarZen was updated yday and does not have the error.

@merefield

I think it’s related to:

String prototype extensions are deprecated. Please import capitalize from ‘@ember/string’ instead. [deprecation id: ember-string.prototype-extensions] See Ember.js - Deprecations for more details.

But not sure why :sweat_smile:, this behavior change was introduced here (tested on dev install):

2 Likes

This should be fixed now, please update.

3 Likes

Yeah and look at the mangle we have now!:

filter.charAt(0).toUpperCase() + filter.slice(1); :eyes:

luuuuuvley :man_facepalming:

Nice! And yes, it works. Thanks.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Removal of Ember string prototype extensions

Why can’t I navigate to any categories and encountering errors ?

2 Likes

Ah, sorry about this @Ryan121. I think there’s a conflict with this theme component and a new change in our code that’s not on self-hosted sites yet (which may have caught Robert by surprise :grimacing:).

There was also a similar report here - All links to categories broken?

4 Likes

slightly confused by this - are you saying this breaking change is not on tests-passed yet?

I only support tests-passed with this component (and usually pin for stable which is apparently working for current stable).

3 Likes

(for the record: component has now been updated for the upcoming core change :tada:)

4 Likes

For some time the featured row loads a bit later than the rest of the homepage for us on krita-artists.org This cause the list of thread to jump down and it is a bit jarring. Is there any solution to this or am I doing something wrong.

I believe this is partly a result of changes in core that have forced us to retrieve the data within the Featured Component instead of the Route as previously, so it happens later. This is unfortunate, agreed. There may be a partial CSS solution to make it less jarring. PR welcome or you can sponsor me to take a look.

1 Like