Topic List Previews Theme Component

Thank for the quick reply,

That is a bit unfortunate indeed. I do not have the funds to sponsor this now. But I will try to raise something if possible. May I know (in private message may be) what would be an approximate estimate for this task?

1 Like

I’ll drop you a line :+1:

Thank you for the awesome plugin! But there are some issues I can’t deal with. I’m not sure if these are bugs or caused by wrong settings.

1. When I tried to go back to the topic list, the scrollbar will return to somewhere else instead of the last visit part.
    2.I tried to enable topic list action and they look fine. However, it randomly highlights the bookmark button, even though the topic has not actually been added to bookmarks.

That’s currently not supported. PR welcome

That’s very odd, I cannot presently reproduce - are you on latest version of Discourse?

@Niels_Dewitte sorry this took so long, but a PR was always welcome to fix this.

Thanks again for the report. This should be resolved now.

2 Likes

Hi, how do I use the thumbnail picker in GitHub - paviliondev/discourse-topic-previews-sidecar: A Discourse plugin that complements the Topic Previews Theme Component to add features?

2 Likes

It’s a button in the topic meta editor:

1 Like

This button is not shown on my discourse forum, i’m currently using:

Installed

3.2.0.beta4-dev

(d03f6727b1)

1 Like

I have, and I rebuilded few hours ago.

I know. That doesn’t help you a bit, but it means your issue isn’t by some general bug.

2 Likes

@merefield

I noticed that your recent changes from two weeks ago removed the usage of the Ember global. However, it will fail if you use Ember 5!
For example:

Suggestions:

• computed.boolbool@ember/object/computed
  • run.scheduleOncescheduleOnce@ember/runloop
3 Likes

Nice catch @Arkshine! This deprecation is deprecated-run-loop-and-computed-dot-access. Messages about that would’ve shown up in development and test environments, but it looks like they were being optimised out of the production build.

This will make the warning work in production builds of Discourse under Ember 3.28:

(by default Ember optimises all deprecations out the production build, so we have a to do a lot of work to undo those optimisations)

2 Likes

Thanks David. Yeah that would be why I will have missed them. As a Theme Component I generally check for deprecations against a current Production build as I use the Theme CLI (and none of my Production builds are running Ember 5 just yet so …).

Great catch @Arkshine !

2 Likes

What does the after_code section of your app.yml look like?

Those were indeed good suggestions :+1:

I also found:

Let me know if you see any additional problems.

1 Like

Hi, here it is:

2 Likes

Ok that’s odd. Any errors in logs? Both console and server logs?

What would I be looking for ? I don’t have any error showing for the plugin. Topic Previews Sidecar

The installed version is:
5.0.2 f303e4f

The settings being used is:

1 Like

Do you have Theme Component active in the current Theme? (you must have the Theme Component as well as the plugin running)

2 Likes

I’m using the blog style on two categories and tags, so yes it’s active. Let me try a different theme as i’m using the Kodular Community Theme

1 Like

And you’ve hit the pencil control to edit the Topic category, title and tags?