Translated strings in Transifex, untraslated in production

I have found some strings that are translated in Transifex, but doesn’t appear translated in production. They are in Admin>Dashboard: Signups, Topics, Posts, Daily Engaged Users, New Contributors, Top Referred Topics, Trending Search Terms, Users per Type… (with its corresponding tooltips).

This issue is common to all languages. I have checked different locales (French, German, Catalan…), and the strings always appear untranslated.

Are you seeing the strings translated into English, or are you seeing strings like reports.new_contributors.title displayed in the UI?

I see the strings in English as quoted (“Signups”, “Top Referred Topics”…) whatever locale I set.

But now I have found a pattern.

• The strings in English (untranslated) are from the file server.en.yml.
  • The translated strings come from client.ca.yml (community_health: Salut de la comunitat; activity_metrics: Mètrica d’activitats).

So what I’m doing wrong? Am I missing anything in the site configuration? How can I get the strings in server.ca.yml?

1 Like

Just to be certain of what you are saying

Are you saying the rest of the UI is using the ca locale and only reports titles are with en locale ?

1 Like

Yes. Report titles are in English (and also tooltips and other report content). The rest of the UI is in Catalan.
In the image, green in Catalan, red in English:

There is another issue which I don’t know if it is related to this. I am not able to get the translated versions of FAQ, terms of service and privacy statement.

1 Like

This would fix it:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/8159

and also another big issue which is that currently reports are cached with locales, making it impossible to have multiple locales. Which is rarely a big issue but worth fixing.

I need some feedback from @gerhard before I can improve/merge it.

5 Likes