Trust level being displayed falsely when cancelling a change (unsure what to name this)

So, I was attempting to change a user’s Trust Level, I cancelled the change by pressing the :negative_squared_cross_mark: and it ended up with a really peculiar outcome. It’s kinda hard to explain so it’s best if I provide reproductive steps.

1. Go to /admin/users/[a user] and choose a Trust Level that is different to their current.
  2. Cancel the input by pressing the :negative_squared_cross_mark: like aforementioned.
  3. Go back to the dropdown list and you’ll notice that the Trust Level you attempted to change is no longer the level as before, the name stays the same, however.

This also results in you unable to set the trust level to that level unless you refresh the page. I don’t see this is expected behaviour. Here’s an example:

Personally, I can’t think of a scenario where this would this become aburden but I though I’d report it anyway.

4 Likes

Can we repro this @tshenry?

2 Likes

Yep, I can definitely repro.

5 Likes

Paging @joffreyjaffeux

4 Likes

That should fix it:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/7c9d62c280072dfcb2e7d612951760cf46d3a233

Probably worth a backport too.

5 Likes