Trying to install Discourse on portainer but it's not pulling the base container

Trying to install discourse on portainer butt its not pulling the base container.

Edit: I’d like to have the base docker version deployed on portainer

The only that works is the bitnami one and while it did install i’m getting the following error. How do I fix.

I’m using linode and portainer on top of docker by the way

logs:

discourse 10:15:22.54 
discourse 10:15:22.54 Welcome to the Bitnami discourse container
discourse 10:15:22.54 Submit issues and feature requests at https://github.com/bitnami/containers/issues
discourse 10:15:22.54 
discourse 10:15:22.55 INFO  ==> Validating settings in POSTGRESQL_CLIENT_* env vars
discourse 10:15:22.57 WARN  ==> Hostname postgresql could not be resolved, this could lead to connection issues
discourse 10:15:22.58 WARN  ==> Hostname redis could not be resolved, this could lead to connection issues
discourse 10:15:22.58 WARN  ==> The DISCOURSE_DATABASE_PASSWORD environment variable is empty or not set. Set the environment variable ALLOW_EMPTY_PASSWORD=yes to allow a blank password. This is only recommended for development environments.
discourse 10:15:22.58 WARN  ==> The DISCOURSE_REDIS_PASSWORD environment variable is empty or not set. Set the environment variable ALLOW_EMPTY_PASSWORD=yes to allow a blank password. This is only recommended for development environments.
discourse 10:15:22.59 INFO  ==> Creating Discourse configuration file
discourse 10:15:22.62 INFO  ==> Ensuring Discourse directories exist
discourse 10:15:22.63 INFO  ==> Trying to connect to the database server
discourse 10:16:22.76 ERROR ==> Could not connect to the database
discourse 10:20:07.85 
discourse 10:20:07.85 Welcome to the Bitnami discourse container
discourse 10:20:07.85 Subscribe to project updates by watching 
discourse 10:20:07.85 
discourse 10:20:07.86 INFO  ==> Validating settings in POSTGRESQL_CLIENT_* env vars
discourse 10:20:07.89 WARN  ==> Hostname postgresql could not be resolved, this could lead to connection issues
discourse 10:20:07.89 WARN  ==> Hostname redis could not be resolved, this could lead to connection issues
discourse 10:20:07.90 WARN  ==> The DISCOURSE_DATABASE_PASSWORD environment variable is empty or not set. Set the environment variable ALLOW_EMPTY_PASSWORD=yes to allow a blank password. This is only recommended for development environments.
discourse 10:20:07.90 WARN  ==> The DISCOURSE_REDIS_PASSWORD environment variable is empty or not set. Set the environment variable ALLOW_EMPTY_PASSWORD=yes to allow a blank password. This is only recommended for development environments.
discourse 10:20:07.90 INFO  ==> Creating Discourse configuration file
discourse 10:20:07.95 INFO  ==> Ensuring Discourse directories exist
discourse 10:20:07.96 INFO  ==> Trying to connect to the database server
discourse 10:21:08.11 ERROR ==> Could not connect to the database

Presume you mean Discourse not Discord?

Only standard install is supported here. Issues with bitnami would have to be sorted out with them.

thanks corrected it

How do I deploy it on portainer though. A touch new but i’ve managed to get linode and portainer and nginex proxy manager setup. Looking to install containers for apps that’ll hold subdomains for our marketplace

We’ll be using discourse for our commuity

I used this totorial I used: Connect Your Docker Containers to Domain Names For Easy Access using Portainer on Linode - YouTube

Searching “Portainer” on here reveals a few posts. (It is advised to use search before posting)

This might help: Installing Discourse using Portainer - #5 by pfaffman

1 Like

As @merefield already mentioned, those third party installations are totally unsupported here.

On the off-chance that you will want any help in the future I would strongly recommend you follow the standard install.

1 Like