Unable to create categories - No creation button for admin or moderator

Hi!
I’m logged in as admin in my Discourse platform and the button I used to create new categories has vanished:

Also, some months ago I gave permission to moderators so they can create categories, but the moderator user doesn’t have the button either.

Why could this be happening? Couldn’t find anything in the setting options that fix this.

Thanks so much for any help

3 Likes

Hi @Ayelen_Rives :slight_smile:

Could you try your site in safe mode to see if it’s a theme component interfering? ([YourSite]/safe-mode)

2 Likes

Thanks!
I tried safe mode and the button shows up for both users. What should I do next?

2 Likes

I think it’s probably a theme component that’s affecting the view. Do you have any likely candidates in your admin/customize/themes page? If you can identify it and disable it for now that should help in the short term.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!
I don’t have any components installed but maybe it has to be with the themes. Some other person on the team edited themes so I’ll check on that before going on.

3 Likes

Ah yes, any custom theme would be another likely place to check. :+1: Hopefully your team-mate will be able to find it quite quickly and give it a little fix-up. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.