Continuing discussion from an older topic where a number of issues were mixed up.
DISCLAIMER: As an iPhone user I rely on 2nd hand reports from users that are not professional SW testers.
Several user have raised an issue on our forum Tappara.co that read/unread messages are not stored correctly. Here are the breadcrumbs I have been able to gather.
- So far an Android only issue
- It seems likely that the issue has escalated with the Chrome v77 update. I have a fresh report from a trustworthy member that the issue started right after he updated.
- Also we have reports from Brave and Opera users that they do not have this issue. Brave is currently on Chromium v76.
- Unread counts not updated
- Topics not marked as read when expected to
- When tapping on a topic the user is brought to an incorrect position to posts he has already read before
- Refreshing the browser gives temporary relief, but the issue comes back soon.
- Seems to be <100% reproducible, but reported by many different individuals.
This is a quite serious issue at our community right now as basic functionality is somewhat broken. We run on the stable branch – as of know I do not know whether this is repro on Meta or Try (I use iOS…). @Falco should have some idea about this and asked to open this topic.