Upgrade 2.7.0.beta8 -> 2.8.0.beta2 failed, rebuild failed

Morning!

I tried to upgrade my site via the admin console, but it failed with errors like this:

I, [2021-06-22T05:54:52.584458 #1776]  INFO -- : Refreshing Gem list
** PLUGIN FAILURE **

You are unable to build Discourse due to this error during plugin
initialization:

uninitialized constant Onebox

/var/www/discourse/plugins/garmin_connect_onebox/plugin.rb:6:in `activate!'
/var/www/discourse/lib/plugin/instance.rb:622:in `instance_eval'
/var/www/discourse/lib/plugin/instance.rb:622:in `activate!'
lib/discourse.rb:240:in `block in activate_plugins!'
lib/discourse.rb:237:in `each'
lib/discourse.rb:237:in `activate_plugins!'
/var/www/discourse/config/application.rb:313:in `block in <class:Application>'
/var/www/discourse/lib/plugin_initialization_guard.rb:5:in `plugin_initialization_guard'
/var/www/discourse/config/application.rb:312:in `<class:Application>'
/var/www/discourse/config/application.rb:73:in `<module:Discourse>'
/var/www/discourse/config/application.rb:72:in `<top (required)>'
/var/www/discourse/config/environment.rb:4:in `require'
/var/www/discourse/config/environment.rb:4:in `<top (required)>'
config.ru:7:in `require'
config.ru:7:in `block in <main>'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/rack-2.2.3/lib/rack/builder.rb:125:in `instance_eval'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/rack-2.2.3/lib/rack/builder.rb:125:in `initialize'
config.ru:1:in `new'
config.ru:1:in `<main>'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/unicorn-6.0.0/lib/unicorn.rb:54:in `eval'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/unicorn-6.0.0/lib/unicorn.rb:54:in `block in builder'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/unicorn-6.0.0/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:826:in `build_app!'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/unicorn-6.0.0/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:140:in `start'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/unicorn-6.0.0/bin/unicorn:128:in `<top (required)>'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/bin/unicorn:23:in `load'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/bin/unicorn:23:in `<main>'

That left the site displaying the ā€œOppsā€¦ā€ message, and then inaccessible after a ā€œlauncher restartā€.

So I tried rebuilding (to tests-passed), but that also fails with the same Onebox errors.

Iā€™m assuming all is not good in ā€˜tests-passedā€™, so have rebuilt to the hash I was running previously to recover the site without upgrade :frowning:

I got some full logs, but Iā€™m hoping the above is enough for a dev to be able fix this wrinkle?

1 Like

Okay - so Iā€™m guessing this is the Garmin connect onebox plugin which needs updating for recent Onebox changesā€¦ paging @ewan ?

Iā€™ll have a look, straightforward plugin so should update easily. Please ping me again next week if Iā€™ve not updated, have some free time then I will be able to work on it.

1 Like

Ok - great! Iā€™ll keep an eye out and retest once I see an update.

Thank you!

I had a look at this and the strava one box plugin. Unsure at the moment how to resolve, not as straightforward as I thought it would be. Not sure when I can next look at.

1 Like

Okay - thatā€™s a shame, but thanks for looking. Iā€™ve removed the plugin for now.

Perhaps the plugin should be marked #plugin:broken-plugin in the mean time :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.