User incorrectly identified as spam

A user was incorrectly flagged by @system as a sapmmer. These posts were not spam. I’ve cleared the flag, and unsilenced her, but the system has grayed out the user’s post. How do I fix that? She is not a spammer.

Have you checked whether the IP and emails are also blocked? See:

1 Like

Just removed those blocks. Still is grayed out:

Have you also checked for these as flagged posts in admin/flags/active?

None there. Already cleared those.

A hidden post can be unhidden by clicking on the Admin wrench icon below the post. Select ‘Unhide’ from the Admin menu for the post.

7 Likes

this seems to have changed since 2018 - I have the same situation (user incorrectly flagged as spam) and I can’t find the “unhide” option under the wrench menu - and admin/flags/active doesn’t take me anywhere. Any clues?

When you click the post’s admin wrench, are you not seeing the following action?

1 Like

no, this is what i can see when clicking on the wrench menu of a hidden post:

I am logged in as an admin, and the post was flagged and somehow ignored (i am not 100% sure how this happened) by someone who is a mod.

Something similar started happening on my site as well after a recent upgrade. Existing users were starting to get flagged. Disable the approve_suspect_users admin setting to stop it.

1 Like

hi, i think this is a different issue. In my case, a user was flagged mistakenly and now i can’t unhide the post.

1 Like

From your screenshot, that appears to be a deleted post, rather than a hidden one (see the trash icon in your screenshot).

To restore the deleted post, click the cirular arrow, next to the bookmark icon on the post:
Screenshot from 2020-03-12 13-13-59

7 Likes

so simple yet so hard. thank you x :100: @featheredtoast

One more note on your way out: the “VIEW 1 HIDDEN REPLY” that you clicked on to see the post is not a flagged post visible to everyone, it’s a deleted post visible only to staff.

I highly recommend keeping a second non-staff account on your forum (or just using Incognito mode) to confirm the appearance of things like this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.