VDO links showing on mobile?

Hi, we are using “vdo” in our three links, and yet they show up in the mobile version (where they break the UI due to forcing a too wide width).

Is “vdo” working properly for anyone reading this?

We are running 2.8.0.beta6 ( eed3773b97 ).

1 Like

I have just tested this on the latest Discourse code, using the link examples that are supplied when the theme component is first installed:

• External link, this link will open in a new tab, https://meta.discourse.org, vdo, blank, remove
  • Most Liked, Posts with the most amount of likes, /latest/?order=op_likes, vdo, self, keep
  • Privacy, Our Privacy Policy, /privacy, vdm, self, keep

When I force my site to enter mobile mode by loading it with the ?mobile_view=1 query parameter, the first two links (set to vdo) are correctly removed from the header and only the final vdm link is displayed.

4 Likes

Thank you for testing. When using this parameter on a desktop browser I obtain correct results, both with our custom links and with the defaults.

However, have you tested on an actual mobile device? With Firefox on an Android mobile phone I can see the default and the custom links (desktop mode being disabled). The rest of the Discourse UI is the usual mobile UI.

(If I type the ?mobile_view=1 parameter manually in the mobile browser URL then the links follow vdo.)

EDIT: I have tested with Chrome mobile as well, and there it works correctly. I’m confused, but a bit relieved. :slight_smile:

3 Likes