"Visit as a new user"

Hi.

Is there a feature as a site-admin to view my discourse site as if I was a new user.

It’s getting increasingly hard for me to imagine what the new user experience is like and rather than have to keep creating new accounts it would be great if I could press a button and experience it just so.

Is this possible?

4 Likes

You can create a TL0 account and go to the admin section > impersonate whenever you want to log in as a new user.

10 Likes

Impersonating a TL0 user is an option, though personally I find impersonating and having to log back in again as me a bit of a faff.

I like to use a couple of different browsers so I can stay logged in as admin in one and have the new user in the other. I tend to create mine as and when I need them (and delete any I no longer use). To make it slightly easier, I activate them from their admin page rather than following the email links as I don’t really need to validate their email address. This cuts it done a couple of fields on the create account modal and I’m pretty much set up and ready to go. :+1: Also, having a fresh one each time captures the onboarding messages, new user tips, etc if I’m looking for a ‘whole of onboarding’ experience, versus ‘what does a non-staff account see’.

1 Like