VPS Installation Failures: Navigating Through Discourse Setup Hurdles

Hello!
I now have the same exact issue when installing on a fresh VPS. Tried Debian 12, AlmaLinux, no dice.

Use Ubuntu for VPS

Okay, will try that! Thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

Nope, three different systems and can’t install it. :man_facepalming: Also with Ubuntu

Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 3311 exit 1>
Location of failure: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/3.2.0/gems/pups-1.2.1/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:132:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "hook"=>"db_migrate", "cmd"=>["su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate'"]}
bootstrap failed with exit code 1
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one.

Can you paste the whole rebuild log here?

Yeah…
I uploaded the whole log to pastebin here:

It’s not the same exact issue as that topic was about ARM64 and you are running in a classic x64 CPU.

URI::InvalidURIError: URI must be ascii only “https://au\u0123iks.lv/images/discourse-logo-sketch.png” (URI::InvalidURIError)

What did you enter for your forum URL? URLs can only be ASCII and it looks like you entered a Unicode character? Do you have a punycode domain?

2 Likes

Yes, this was a Punnycode domain. I didn’t think about that, my mistake.
Thanks for help, won’t bother again! :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Using the encoded punycode values should work out of the box. Let me know if that works for you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.