WARNING: Port 443 of computer does not appear to be accessible using hostname in the newly configured server

WARNING: Port 443 of computer does not appear to be accessible using hostname: team.krsh.org.

I have followed all the steps in AWS lightsail with 2gb ram and 1cpu core, tried ‘sudo ufw allow 443/tcp command’ too, but it wasn’t working.
Kindly help me to fix this issue as this is a new machine and nothing was configured I have started fresh.

Thank you.

1 Like

this 443 is enabled but still it is giving error

1 Like

If this is AWS, You need to enable those ports in your Security Group.

5 Likes

yes, it worked thank you.
Now there is a new problem arising after post installation when I am trying to complete the registration process i.e., registration admin email is not coming
so I have opened 25 port number in the security group in AWS because during installation I have used this port, but still mail is not coming.
I guess problem is with smtp server address, can you help me out with that from where to get smtp server address for AWS EC2 instance as I am using AWS SES mail and I have created SMTP credentials too and I am using these details only but I am not sure about the smtp server address.
Kindly help me out with this.

Thank you.

I have added smtp endpoint as a smtp server address and opened smtp port number 25 from the aws security group still confirmation emails are not coming.
Kindly help me out.

What email provider are you using to send emails? If it is SES then you need to be out of sandbox before you can send emails.

yes, I am using SES only.
Kindly explain how to these settings, it would be really great for me as I need to complete it asap.

1 Like

Hey, tried moving out AWS SES out from the sandbox and the verification is completed but still not being able to send the emails.
Any other possible reasons for this email error and how to debug this kindly let me know.
executed ./discourse-doctor and got this error while sending the mail

This issue is being solved by changing the SMTP endpoint/server.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.