What is the purpose of this website?

Can anyone help me out working this?

2 Likes

Hello @FrostyV2, welcome here! :wave:

What do you need help with, you’ll need to be very specific with your request for help.

2 Likes

Just trying to find out what I do here in general? I came from the Custom Cursors Community Website as a moderator here but I have no idea what I do here.

4 Likes

Oh, okay. I should be able to help. What would you like to do? What brought you here?

5 Likes

Well, the general purpose of this board is to be a support board for the Discourse software itself. If you have questions about, or problems with, that software, this would be the place to address them.

6 Likes

Hi @FrostyV2, If you click on the hamburger menu at the upper right and hover your cursor over each of the categories, you get a description of what each category is used for. Questions about problems you have should be posted in Support; and so on. You’ll find everyone here is willing to help with “whatever ails you.” :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you, @JimPas. Your a real one.

2 Likes

Probably easier to simply link to Categories - Discourse Meta

2 Likes

This is partially a self-inflicted wound… for some reason (probably “old topic cleanup” accidentally taken too far) I deleted the pinned topic that explains what meta is! :man_facepalming:

I’ve undeleted the topic and can confirm it’s back, here in incognito mode:

So, surprisingly, this was a legit thing to bring up and complain about @FrostyV2 – thanks for the reminder.

9 Likes