Why some translations update more frequently than others?

faq-material

Hi, why some translations are updated 4 days ago, while others are updated 21 days ago on Github? I have translated some strings but they are not updated on my community - despite installing the latest beta. How often are the new translations updated?

Hi!

I recommend to you use https://www.transifex.com/discourse/discourse-org/languages/ and don’t check directly from GitHub to see translations.

The github repo will take translations from transifex, for example, check this commit.

What language do you use?

I do use Transifex, I was just checking on Github if my Czech translations were updated or not.

Sadly sincronization between Github and Transifex are not auto, so a human did it. :sunny:
I think this is what @neil do.

I don’t know the frequent that he uses to do that.

(Erick Guan) #5

I remembered that the translation is imported by a script from Transifex. So once a developer pull the translation, all updates shall be there. Did you updated anything over 21 days?

Yes, I did. Seems like the change is only propagated for some languages or do I miss something?

(Erick Guan) #7

Give a string, filename by key for example? If it’s a bug, we should move this thread to #bug

Not this thread, this is a valid question.

If it’s a bug, new thread must be post to bug category, with that info about the translation missing :wink:

(Neil Lalonde) #9

Which language are you looking for? If Discourse doesn’t currently support the language, it needs to be added before it will automatically be updated.

(Neil Lalonde) #10

Actually this PR might be causing some translations to not be updated:

(David Taylor) #11

Oops, sorry! What’s the correct way to get things picked up by transifex?

(Neil Lalonde) #12

The first step is the files need to be uploaded to Transifex, but that can’t be done from a PR. I’m adding the files and fixing the .tx/config now.

EDIT: fixed

(Quim Gil) #13

Is there documentation somewhere explaining how these automatic updates work? Or can you explain it here, please?

I am updating translations in Transifex and I would like to know whether the updates will be eventually be committed to Discourse automatically or by someone, or whether I should take care of submitting pull requests for translations updates.

If something / someone takes care of updating translations files in Discourse, when or how often does that happen? In every new release or more frequently?

(Régis Hanol) #14

We manually pull translations from Transifex every other week and every time we make a new beta version.