Wiki and avatar

Imagine a user posts a very small text and then converts it to wiki appealing everyone to contribute. Afterwards someone makes a very important and huge contribution! Though the “author” of the post is the first author, at least according the Discourse avatar.

It would be more fair and clear, according to me, that in case of wiki, another logo would appear.

1 Like

I don’t agree with changing the topic creator based on content length.
But I can see where adding them to frequent posters (or something similar) would be nice

1 Like

We have this situation on our site. We’ve created a special user that’s named after the site, and use the Transfer Ownership admin tool on well-developed wiki articles.

Ultimately, I’d like to see some custom display settings for “Wiki Categories” including “Always go to first post” and “Suppres author info for first post”

8 Likes

I was going to recommend what @tom_newsome replied with, so I second that.

Can you kindly tell me how to use such tool?
Is it a plugin? Is there a checkbox that must be activated in Admin. panel?
thanks

Go to the post you want to alter

Click the wrench icon on the right hand side of the screen

Click “Select Posts”

Click the select button next to the post

Click “change ownership”

5 Likes

@techapj can you add to your list, I want to make change ownership also work via the post wrench menu, not just the topic wrench. It should work in both places, post if you want to change just one, topic if you want to change a bunch.

3 Likes

Thank you very much. I found it.

A further option might be therefore a checkbox in admin panel.

• transfer automatically the authorship of all wiki posts to specific user

Another option might be, as I refered, simply changing the avatar to a wiki
logo.

Done! :sunny:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/b72434d0248aa29440b72a379796443918734230

8 Likes

I don’t see the change on meta – are builds working?

Yeah it seems like build was failing (not sure why), but with @sam’s recent commit the build is passing now and the change is visible on meta.

2 Likes