Will discourse auto demote L3 users to L2 if UL is locked on L3?

Hello, i have searched for this answer before posting but could not find what i needed. So thank you for responding and my apologies if this has been answered before (got a lot of chum results with my queries unfortunately).

If you lock a user level they can not be promoted automatically.

Will the system still automatically demote users to L2 when they dont reach requirements if their user level is locked on L3?

If this is not the case, is there a way to implement this besides changing the requirements for the user levels.

For context: we want to lock in users who are active on github and are doing great work for our community, they tend to be very active on our other channels so we dont want them to be demoted automatically by system. We have ~8000 members right now so this problem is a growing concern for us.

Thank you for your time,
And for creating this awesome platform,

Greetings from forum.cardano.org

bullish.

Hi Tim_Wulteputte welcome to the forum

AFAIK, “locked” means and does just that. A member locked at TL2 will not be promoted to TL3 even if they meet the requirements. Conversely, a member locked at TL3 will not lose TL3 even if they do not meet the requirements. Similar for TL0 -> TL1 -> TL2

If this is not the case for you, it could be a Bug.

7 Likes

Thank you for confirming this. :slight_smile: