Wish list: sticky table headers

It would be really nice if I could scroll in my Data Explorer results and retain the table/result header labels, so I don’t have to scroll back up to remind myself which column is which.

As an example, here’s data from my TL2 gap report (the results of which are often heart-breaking). These users are just missing 1. But 1 what?

(As it happens, the 1 here is giving 1 single like. Like I said, heartbreaking.)

12 Likes

This would be awesome :star_struck: I also struggle to remember the header labels with large query results.

For now, it is possible to make the header sticky trough CSS. Just add the following to a theme component:

div.query-results section {
    overflow-y: auto;
    height: 1000px;
}

div.query-results thead th {
    position: sticky;
    top: 0;
    color: var(--primary);
    background: var(--primary-low);
}

15 Likes

Works beautifully! Thanks!!!

2 Likes

That is brilliant - this has bugged me for ages and sorted as easy as that! Thank you.

Are you going to look at this in the plugin? I’ve just taken a look at the code, and it looks like it could be done with the simple addition of your CSS (I couldn’t see any CSS in the plugin code). Messing with plugins is a bit too serious for me though!

5 Likes

PR created

I’ll update here once it’s merged.

11 Likes

This has been merged, you can remove the CSS once your site is updated @ganncamp and thank you for your great feature suggestion :+1:t4:

8 Likes