Missing images at Meta.discourse.org

Because there seem to be quite a few at the moment, a topic where posts with missing images are collected might be beneficial:

4 Likes

Thanks @Moin we are having a look

3 Likes
1 Like

Something has gone awry with the secure uploads controller. Hopefully a fix will handle them all. :magic_wand: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Thanks for collecting these Moin; I’ve manually fixed the ones you referenced, and I will work on a fix in the actual code for this soon.

4 Likes

oops - Create and configure an API key

2 Likes

Should we still report all the topics with missing images and videos? When I was reading the new TOS, I noticed Flag a post for moderator attention, but I thought I’d wait for the fix.

2 Likes

Also two missing images on this guide:

Some more topics with missing uploads

1 Like

And this one Masonry Image Gallery

Isn’t it time for a plugin that detects this kind of issues?

I fixed the images on the Masonry Image Gallery TC. Thanks for pointing it out!

1 Like

How did this happen? Might it happen to my forum?

1 Like

And Embedded Replies - Feedback - #8 by Moin

1 Like

I looked at simon’s post and checked the first picture (upload://gzHZGGt5fnTVXIlXDYXwTnrYAtp.png).

It’s upload id 263815, is marked as secure, and the access control post is 1368579.

It’s a PM in which I link to Simon’s post and it gets oneboxed. My inference is that onebox causes the PM to to “take over” the uploads.

I don’t think this will happen unless you have secure uploads turned on, and I suspect the damage is historical (rather than a result of a current bug).

2 Likes

I still think it is a recent issue.
On March 7th I copied What is a Wiki Post? into a PM. I’m sure the images were all visible at that time. Now all images in the public post are broken. But in my copy only the first two and the last one are broken.
I don’t think that images should disappear from public when I copy them to a message after they were published.

2 Likes