Hello,
I manage a Q&A forum where students can post questions and provide answers. I’m looking to enhance the forum by allowing users to specify the exact source of their questions, including the book title, page number, and specific question number. Additionally, I want to introduce a feature that lets users search questions by these parameters. Before attempting to develop a custom plugin for this functionality, I’m interested in finding out if there already exists a solution that can be adapted to add these “extra fields” to our question submission form. Is there an existing plugin that can facilitate this?
Thank you ![]()
AI-generated summary
A user, verilog15, is looking for a plugin to add extra fields to the question form in their Q&A forum, specifically to capture the source of questions, including book title, page number, and question number. ondrej suggested the official footnote plugin, but verilog15 clarified that this isn’t exactly what they’re looking for, as it’s more geared towards referencing sources rather than collecting specific metadata. Moin proposed two potential alternatives: using a form template or the custom wizard plugin, which could be used to add custom fields to the topic form.
Thank you for the answer!
As I understand the footnote plugin allows you to add a reference to sources, similarly how wiki works. My request is a bit different - when you open a new topic in the Q&A forum, apart from the title, it will also ask you for the book name (maybe dropdown of supported books), the question number and the page number (if the question is not from a book, it’s possible to mark as “not from book”).
If there is no such plugin, maybe there is some plugin that added custom extra topic fields that I can take a look into their source code?
Maybe a form template could help to structure the input
Or you use the Custom Wizard Plugin 🧙